ANFord Chartered Surveyors

Party Wall Matters

If works are undertaken by the owners of a property close to yours, you may be entitled to the services of a surveyor who can protect your property by compiling a Party Wall Award.

Works do not have to be significant in nature for you to be entitled to the services of a Chartered Surveyor. Works range from the injection of a damp proof course into a shared wall to loft conversions.

Our fees would be at no expense to yourselves, being fully recoverable from the building owner carrying out the works.

If in doubt as to whether you would be entitled to the services of a Chartered Surveyor, please contact us and we will be able to send you further information or answer any questions you might have.

Alternatively, should you be due to start works on your own property, you may be required to serve a Party Wall Notice on your neighbours and, should they dissent to the works, instruct a Chartered Surveyor to carry out a Party Wall Award.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for advice and information.